(NaturalNews) In a recorded interview now posted on NaturalNews.com, Institute for Responsible Technology director Jeffrey Smith updates listeners with the latest developments on the GMO front. He also says significant victories against GMOs are within our reach, but powerful grassroots support is needed to defeat the biotech industry once and for all.
Download the interview (MP3) directly from NaturalNews at:
Or listen to it on SoundCloud at:
You can also click the PLAY button on the object below:
GMO update and interview with Jeffrey Smith by NaturalNews
Highlights from the interview with Jeffrey Smith
• We have created a huge buzz about GMOs that is unprecedented.
• There are many early signs of victories that we’re winning the war against GMOs: Supermarket News says that consumer awareness about GMOs is surging and could equal the level of awareness about trans fats.
• GMOs will soon become a “marketing liability” in the USA, causing companies to announce they are dropping GMOs.
• Education and awareness about GMOs is exploding across North America. Parents, company CEOs, farmers, health food store employees and others are becoming well informed about the dangers of GMOs.
• Public awareness of the dangers of GMOs is skyrocketing, and an increasing number of consumers are actively taking steps to avoid GMOs.
• GMOs were the No. 1 issue talked about at the recent Expo East (Natural Products Expo). It was “over the top,” says Jeffrey, meaning that all the natural food companies are talking about this issue.
• 5,500 products have now been enrolled in the Non-GMO Project! (www.NonGMOproject.org)
• Natural health retailers are starting a revolution against GMOs.